Dear Families of Room 17,
Thank you soooooo much for making Teacher Appreciation Week so special! From the bottom of my heart, I am truly grateful to have such an awesome group of students and families to work closely with this year. You have made my job as an educator something to look forward to everyday.
From the bottom of my heart, Thank you!!!!
- SBAC TESTING STARTS THIS WEEK! Testing will begin on Thursday, May 18 and will end Wednesday May 24th. Please make sure students are here promptly each day.
- Volunteer Tea : Tuesday at 2:45pm in the MPR
- From this week forward, the only homework assigned will be that of practicing for our Culmination performance. We will be practicing songs, getting costumes and props. COSTUMES SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO CLASS BY MONDAY MAY 22.
- The Culmination Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, June 8 at 8:30am , followed by the Culmination reception, both in the MPR.
- HISTORY PROJECTS are due this Friday May 19. This is an in-class assignment, and students should work on at home if necessary to meet due date.
- 6th Grade Week is coming! The week after testing, (May 30th -June 6) will be a memorable week with nothing but fun! Celebratory activities for their final year here at MWES. We need drivers and chaperones for Wednesday May 31, our Picnic in the Park day!
- Happy Birthday Annie! (5/19)
Notes, Reminders, and Upcoming Events:
- Thursday May 25 is Open House! This will be our last fundraising opportunity for our culmination after party! Thank you to all the volunteers who helped with the Spaghetti Dinner-The students raised $370!! We have approximately $1200 toward our $1900 goal. Please reply to Susanne and Franki if you are able to help with our last fundraiser.
- May 29-Memorial Day-School will not be in session-enjoy!
- May 30-June 2 : 6th Grade Week- see previous blog post and check back packs for handout of details.
- Check student homework calendars daily. Homework is assigned on a daily basis and should be turned in the next day unless otherwise specified.
- Daily reading , Math, and Language Arts assignments will be given.
- Idioms: "Head over heels", High on the hog", "Hit the books", "Hit the hay"
- Roots: spec, spir, trac, uni, vers